Beautiful Lives

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I was searching for new blogs to look at this morning. I just love seeing how other people live. I have always been somewhat of a cyber-stalker, not so much because I want to really see a person, but it has more to do with a fascination with how other people live their lives. Yeah, I know I have a tendency towards creepiness. At my age, I have learned just to accept it.

I found this beautiful one: August Fields. Honestly her home and life just look so beautiful.

I just like the title on this one. Accidental Homeschooling. Plus her about me profile has tons of links to other...blogs! I especially loved how her post said she was going to start her kids working right away on areas they didn't score in the 90% on their achievement tests scores. While I realize that everyone is different, and obviously on normed tests, most people will not be in the 90%, what's wrong with expecting excellence when your child can achieve it? I remember borrowing a friends folder, and the shock of seeing 70th and 80th percentile scores on her 8th grade achievement tests. Wasn't she ashamed, I wondered? I didn't say anything, and now that I realize that most people score lower than that I think she did quite well, but still, it was a bit of a shock to my uneducated freshman brain at the time.  And frankly my kids don't all score that high in all subjects, but considering they were raised in poverty by a mom who was fighting depression for a couple of years, I think they are doing pretty well. I do wish I had held it together better, been more organized, and demanded higher grades, but...it's a little late for that now;o). Have to keep moving forward. I could demand no C's next year. Tierney would die. How that child is planning to make it through college is beyond me, but I suppose she has her own path to forge.

Liam is watching Caillou. He loves this show. He is also walking on the loveseat (barebutted, because he still won't pull his pullups up and down to use the potty), and making noises along with the show. It's funny. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!