Tacky is okay, right?

Friday, May 25, 2012

Liam's sandals have been kicked off somewhere in the house, and his cute little plaid shoes are getting too raggedy. I like to save his navy leather ones for really nice occasions..they never really get worn.

So I headed up to Other Mothers. Sure, I could find a cute pair on ebay, but then I would have to pay shipping. That's okay if I find a great deal on a pair of Nikes or something, but really I wanted new shoes for Liam today.

I found a pair I loved, size 7 brown boat shoes with ties, and completely cute. However, near them, at the same price, were ugly Lightning McQueen shoes. To me there is nothing tackier or Walmartier than cartoon character clothing. But I also know Liam. And I am sure, he would much prefer to wear a pair of ugly race car shoes, over a cute stylish pair that had to be tied. It really would be a pain to tie those leather ties.
So..I bought the ugly shoes. I guess if you can't be tacky at two, when can you be?


P. S. This does not provide an open license for people to start buying him Cars stuff or similar. It will disappear, most likely.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!