Soft Gray Skies

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Which has nothing to do with my post.

SO happy summer is over!

It's been busy around here. I am taking the week off work, which nearly kills me every time a job pops up, although I would rather be at home. I have been so grumpy. I hate...the insecurity of not being able to support myself. I hate when Karl sleeps late. I HATE when KARL SLEEPS late.

I have decided to let Liam's top hair grow out again.. The short, shorn look doesn't really flatter his soft rounded features. But that growing out stage will be awkward. I want to get his pics done, but not until his hair is decent again.  Liam, by the way, was up a great deal of the night, fell asleep on the couch and just now rolled off it. He isn't crying, though.

Living in an older house, there are all sorts of weird quirks. Well, there's the damp, smelly basement, which unfortunately blows air out into the house through the furnace. There's the cracking foundation. The cracks appearing in the walls. But there is also the fact that we are renting. I am not putting a lot of money into a house that isn't mine. We do some upkeep because we live here (like replacing the ceiling tiles in the basement bathroom), but none of us our handy, so our fix-it's don't work too well.
But the wall board that has been placed over the brick fireplace (the part above the mantel) was beginning to sag and pull away (I think it leaks around the chimney). We couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, I found a throw online that covers the area and hung it. I think it looks SO much better, although when I removed the photo frames to hang it, there was a brown recluse on the wall behind one. Those things really scare me. I just imagine one of the kids getting bit and disfigured and in pain.


Well, it's better anyway. Liam is asleep again. It was really rough last night. He wouldn't fall asleep. Then apparently it stormed last night, and he was crying. Tierney got in late from babysitting, and heard him and went and sat with him, but he never fell back asleep until about 8:30 am. I feel awful that he was crying for me and I didn't hear him. I guess I need to get a baby monitor. 

Enjoy this last week of good ole September. It's hard to believe, after such a relentless summer, that October is almost here!



2 comments: