Tired, but done

Monday, June 4, 2012

We finished the livingroom yesterday. I wasn't happy with the results of my "shampoo" of the couch and loveseat. I guess maybe it needs to be done professionally. But it smells a lot fresher. I am reluctant to get it professionally done because of the cost, and because the loveseat itself is very worn from the cats clawing it. I may just throw a blanket over the side when people are over. I don't know. Or maybe they can just deal with it.

Taryn and I almost added some stuff to the livingroom. I had a red and tan shag rug for the livingroom picked out, and some red throw pillows (they would have went with the valance) with a hint of sage green to add color to the livingroom. But for some reason it just wasn't calling to me. It would have been okay and more sophisticated than the look now (which isn't really pulled together), but it just wasn't what I wanted. I really sort of want something slightly more youthful and whimsical. For some reason I am drawn to these:













Now obviously, I couldn't have all that going in on in one room, so I would need to pare down my choices. 
Since the sofa/loveseat are sagish, and the walls are about the same shade of green, I really want something to brighten it up. I want bright, happy, and contemporary.

I also want a shag or flokati rug, too, but I am unsure about color. I would like a yellow or an ivory, but I am afraid it would just be too hard to keep clean. I could do black, but I am afraid it will suck all the light out of the room. Just not sure, yet. Since most of etsy seems to have pillow covers rather than pillows, I also want to go to yard sales and pick up some throw pillows to put the covers on.


My kitchen is filled with loads and loads of clean and dirty laundry. Guess I should do something about that today.

Karl starts his college classes today. With his new schedule (whatever it will be), he has to take one at 10 and one online. I hope it goes well for him. He still doesn't have a parking sticker or books, so I will probably take him up there, and he can do all that and just call me to come home. I also need to cancel one of the cell phone lines. We don't really need both. I have a  home phone with the cable package, and when I sub, I can use the classroom phone. It's going to be weird just subbing one day a week. I might also be able to pick up one more half day, but it really depends on how Karl's schedule works out. The worst would be if they stuck him on an 11 am to 8 or 9 pm. I couldn't work, he could hardly go to school. But he thinks those will be popular, and not likely. 

I feel better about everything. I can only do what I can do. If my heart was pulling to stay home, there must have been a reason. 

I worry about this new baby, and whether Liam will get enough attention. I really just like Liam so much. He is a pleasant kid. My only other experience with boys has been Caleb, and Caleb was not pleasant at this age. He was the anti-pleasant child. He bit and threw fits, and banged his head on the ground and wall, and was hard to get to bed and wouldn't stop nursing, and...it was really tough. He's doesn't do that anymore, but he isn't the happiest critter still. He does get depressed, but he seems fairly happy right now. 

The kids did an amazing job on the living room and Karl was a big help. *I* was the cranky one. I really am not fond of cleaning, and seriously  I need knee pads if I am going to get down and wash the floors by hand. 

Next room is the dining room/playroom/computer room. Karl straightened it, but it still needs a good deep cleaning. In a week or two. I don't understand why people are so gaga about open concept housing. I hate having a bunch of different areas in one room. It's so annoying to try and tie it all together. I would rather have small rooms and more walls. But whatever. I suppose toys could go in bedrooms, and computers weren't thought of when this house was built. 

I don't know why I am chattering on. This is pretty mundane stuff. 


Have a good one!







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!