It's been busy around here

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Friday, Taryn and I went to IPA to pick up some ABC stuff for Liam, just some pictures for the wall around his play area and magnetic letters for the fridge. I figure if he can recognize the ABC's and say some of the sounds by his 3rd birthday, he's doing well. If not, well...none of my other kids could either, and they are excellent readers.

Saturday, the girls and Liam and I went to the farmer's market, but for some reason, vegetables do NOT appeal to me right now. We did get some fresh carrots, and Tierney made beef stew last night. We also picked up some wildflower honey, apple butter, and bagels (Taryn is attempting to live on bread alone, it seems). Then I found a nightstand at Talula's shabby chic shop on clearance. I picked it up for my room (I've set aside a little savings for sprucing up the house). I rearranged my bedroom (it always makes such a fresh change!), and determined we needed to raise the bed for storage. So I ordered a new bedframe from Walmart, that is supposed to have some storage area underneath. I am hoping to move either the dresser or the chest of drawers out of my room, and put our drawer stuff (old t's, sweats, etc.) under the bed. That should give me a little more space. I just need some room to breathe!

So Caleb and Tierney have done their tasks for the livingroom (Taryn and Karl are still in bed). Caleb still needs to sweep, but that will be next to last. I am rather amazed at how much they are pitching in. Maybe they know it needs a good cleaning, too. I don't know. If we could do 2-4 rooms a month, it should make a big difference. If we kept it up, it would really make a big difference. But I won't bring that up just yet. Baby steps.


Anyway, off to vacuum the couch. I need to shampoo it as soon as I go buy some sort of cleaner. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!