Saturday's Recap

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Saturday was great!
Well, the morning was filled with what has become the usual: fielding Liam's attempts to maim and disfigure his little brother. Of course they aren't intentional attempts. He just wants to pick the baby up when no one is looking (so we must always be looking!) and does occasionally slap him on the head to see what Mom will do. She tends to get mad and put him in timeout..when she can. Liam has also caught on to the fact that I can do very little when I am nursing the baby.

Gabe likes to cluster nurse all morning, but then he tends to sleep a good chunk of the late afternoon (so far anyway). So the mornings are pretty useless-I am on here because Liam is still sleeping and Gabe is down for one of his (probably) short naps.  I ought to wake Liam up, so his nap will be early and light and he will fall asleep at a decent hour and not harass Taryn late into the evening. We really need to get the bedrooms done.

Karl worked overtime from 10 until 2, and then we went out to the store. We have lost all of Liam's shoes (except the ones which are too tight), so we stopped by Other Mother's to pick up a pair of sandals. The only shoes in his size were too tight (except black church shoes), so he ended up going barefoot to the grocery store.

I hear Liam now..He likes to kick the wall in the morning.

But while at Other Mothers, I found a tandem stroller for two for only $20!


It is basically like this, BUT older in navy and white (hence, not as current and stylish). They said it was $20, because it was "dirty". But the dust took about two minutes to wipe off! The main problem is going to be folding it and putting in the van, but I'll manage.

So happy!

Karl and I made enchiladas, which would have been great, but something was wrong with the sauce. I don't know if it was old or what, but it had a terrible aftertaste:o(.
Then we had chocolate brownie ice cream with caramel AND fudge, AND I toasted pecan halves to put on it. Delicious!
I had TWO wonderful glasses of Shiraz (despite the fact that all my wine glasses are gone, and I had to drink it out of a Coke glass), and Karl had a Guinness (yuck!), and we watched Crash. We had both watched it once before, years ago, but it's a great movie, and worth watching again.

The only sad thing, is Karl works Sundays now:o(.

So, off to get up the Liameister, and get on with the day! We get to go on our first walk in the stroller today!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!